- October 1st, 2012
- Write comment
Organic Quantum Food
My interest in Quantum Agriculture naturally extends to food. To be holistic, we should care about what we eat, and how we eat… Below are my thoughts that further give light to my food interest:
1. Organic food may still be not sustainable… it may still not help improve the lot of the bigger group. It may also just reside in the level of safety and material nourishment. Organic food that are certified or labelled as such are also mostly expensive or imported. There is even a question as to how authentically organic they are.
2. Food is our medicine. “Quantumized” food will effect quantumized healing (see the powerpoint prepared on Quantum Food). There are many who are sick and seek solutions that deal only with symptoms or which exclude transformation in lifestyle and ways of thinking.
3. Quantum food spiritualizes the human being. Only a strong united front of spiritual (conscious) and committed people can change the world. Food impacts on the thinking, feeling and willing-doing. Rudolf Steiner contends that the future of mankind hinges on nutrition and here food with high life force is the key. Such food translates to higher consciousness, to higher discernment, and to and increased or a developed WILL. And is it not that the problem of our society these days is basically lack of consciousness and a lame will power?
4. Food is key in societal transformation. Victor Landa says this: By the Spiritual Food for the New Millennium initiative we are trying to convey that through Biodynamic Agriculture we are feeding the physical and the spiritual bodies of both man and the planet. https://www.schooloflife.org/sfnm/forcesoflife.htm
I wrote an article on ”Quantum Food” for a presentation in the university in 2008 (click here to download). The accompanying “Quantum Organic Food” presentation (slides in powerpoint) has morphed through the years and may be viewed here. I variously use it to explain what that kind of food that is needed for a quantum leap in societal transformation.
My food journey has been helped by advanced-soul friends and their sharing or talks/seminars which dwell on raw food, organic food, quantumized food, etc. Let me share some with you…
Dr. Susan Balingit (M.D.) was generous and kind to give talks in my classes or events in campus (2006, 2009). Her topic and passion is about “Agriculture, for Wellness or for Illness?” (read here). One could find some reference to her advocacy and practice in the following links:
1) https://www.prrm.org/publications/comhab13/rediscovering.htm Rediscovering indigenous food in Quezon, Palawan
2) https://bosombuddy.org/stay.html Stay Healthy
3) https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/metro/view/20070817-83208/Health_advocates_say_indigenous_food_healthy Health advocates say indigenous food healthy
Judy Barber (https://judy-barber.com//) has inspired me to deepen my understanding and practice some of her teachings on raw food. A transcription of a workshop session with her on “Raw and Living Food” may be read here.
Ursula Schloer is a friend who continues to shower me with her thoughts and finds about subtle energies. She introduced me to the realm of raw food. My notes during a visit with her and on various talks that she delivered, as well as articles that she wrote, may be read here… the titles of the four articles are:
1. RAW FOOD
2. SIMPLE COCONUT SECRETS
3. SIMPLY RAW
4. ENERGY AND HARMONY SPECTROMETER – PENDULUM – WAVES – FREQUENCIES
I also included here my notes on a session in 2005 with another food and alternative medicine teacher-practitioner, Boy Ortilla (click here to read).
Anthroposophy and the works of its founder, Dr. Rudolf Steiner has given me the backbone and meat of my scientific exploration on food. Here are some articles that could further deepen one’s understanding on matters that relate to food:
1. Problems of Nutrition. A Lecture By Rudolf Steiner. Munich, January 8, 1909 https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/19090108p01.html
2. Nutrition and Health. Lecture I: Nutrition and Health https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA/GA0354/19240731p01.html
3. Nutrition and Health. Lecture II: Nutrition and Health https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA/GA0354/19240802p01.html
4. Agriculture Course: Lecture 8 https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/Agri1958/19240616p01.html
5. Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture XXX https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/FoundEsoter/19051104p01.html
6. Agriculture Course: Preface BYcEHRENFRIED PFEIFFER, M.D. (HON.) https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/Agri1958/Ag1958_preface.html
7. On the Sheath: Lecture Three: Intestines, Mesentery and Digestion https://wn.rsarchive.org/RelAuthors/KoenigKarl/OntheSheath/19471004p01.html
By the way, here is an interesting take by a Steiner on alcohol…https://888spiritualscience.blogspot.com/2007/10/rudolf-steiner-on-alcohol.html
… and a few quotes related to food, nutrition and their link to agriculture, and especially to Spirituality and Food:https://www.schooloflife.org/sfnm/farmers.html
“ The following passage taken from the preface of the book, Agriculture, by Rudolf Steiner is very enlightening concerning the transcendental aspect of properly grown food. A challenging question posed by Ehrenfried Pfeiffer to him was: “How can it happen that the spiritual impulse, and especially the inner schooling, for which you are constantly providing stimulus and guidance bear so little fruit? Why do the people concerned give so little evidence of spiritual experience, in spite of all their efforts? Why, worst of all, is the will for action, for the carrying out of these spiritual impulses so weak?”….. He goes on to say, “I was particularly anxious to get an answer to the question as to how one could build a bridge to active participation and the carrying out of spiritual intentions, without being pulled off the right path by personal ambition, illusions and petty jealousies, for these were the negative qualities Rudolf Steiner had named as the main inner hindrances.” (emphasis added)
Then came the thought-provoking and surprising answer: “THIS IS A PROBLEM OF NUTRITION.”… “NUTRITION AS IT IS TODAY DOES NOT SUPPLY THE STRENGTH NECESSARY FOR MANIFESTING THE SPIRIT IN PHYSICAL LIFE. A BRIDGE CAN NO LONGER BE BUILT FROM THINKING TO WILL AND ACTION. FOOD PLANTS NO LONGER CONTAIN THE FORCES PEOPLE USED FOR THIS.”
Biodynamic farming and ayurvedic farming: https://www.schooloflife.org/sfnm/farmers.html ”THIS IS A PROBLEM OF NUTRITION…” was the astonishing reply that Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave to Ehrenfried Pfeiffer when he asked why is it that your followers to whom you give so much spiritual impulse seem to be having so little spiritual growth. He continues:
“NUTRITION AS IT IS TODAY DOES NOT SUPPLY THE STRENGTH NECESSARY FOR MANIFESTING THE SPIRIT IN PHYSICAL LIFE. A BRIDGE CAN NO LONGER BE BUILT FROM THINKING TO WILL AND ACTION. FOOD PLANTS NO LONGER CONTAIN THE FORCES PEOPLE USED FOR THIS.”
This quote from the inspiring lectures of Dr. Steiner published in the book “Agriculture” speaks very clearly of the role of Biodynamic farming in the process of human and planetary evolution.
The following article is an interpretation of Dr. Steiner’s message to the Biodynamic farmer as seen by one who is totally new to the area of farming and is extremely impressed by the scope and depth of the farmer’s role in a spiritual process.
Dr. Steiner reminds us of the need for meditation. It seems but natural, then, that the farm becomes a learning center for the spiritual truth of man. Victor Landa October 1997
My “quantum food” term includes “spiritual food”. Here are some links on the subject:
Why Spiritual Food
Diet being one of the important elements in the practice of yoga, we were led to search for good quality food. The role of the process of growing the food was important to make the choice, which was not difficult once we found the form of agriculture offered by Rudolf Steiner. This form of agriculture not only ensures extraordinary nutritional value from a physical point of view– that means mineral and vitamin content, etc. –but nutritional value from a spiritual perspective, since it includes the integration of positive, subtle cosmic and human forces. Additionally, the farmers practicing this form of agriculture, at the time when we started our search, were joined in a cohesive manner by a common denominator: the teachings of Anthroposophy, a Spiritual Science, as defined by Rudolf Steiner, the founder of this school of thought. The method was not meant to be exclusive; the proof is that nowadays it is practiced all over the world by farmers and individuals that have come to the realization of the great benefits that it brings for humans and the planet as a whole, since its emphasis is on healing the soil. Our admiration was expressed in writing in Biodynamic Farmer: Backbone of a Spiritual (R)evolution, published in 1997. As we approached the organization that groups the farmers in the USA, we found our capacities could contribute to the effort of supporting this form of agriculture, threatened by the commercial “all for profit” tendency increasingly dominating this field of human activity with nefarious consequences for the health of human beings and the planet… That is when A Plan of Action was designed, that gave birth to Spiritual Food for the New Millennium, which represents a commitment to develop a concerted effort to support the movement by offering a venue to facilitate the contact between farmers and users. The potential that this symbiosis had to contribute to bring peace to the planet is described in Peaceful (R)evolution, which details how food grown in this manner, with positive subtle forces, enhances the natural spiritual nature of man in his search for inner peace. This special food, then, is the ideal support for the practice of Yoga that leads us to the attainment of self-realization, or perfect inner peace… Articles published in Pathways magazine report the coming to light of the project. The Spiritual Food for the New Millennium article explains the importance of this form of agriculture. The article “Eating: A Spiritual Practice” explains how food has such an important impact on our process of spiritual growth. Finally “Forces of Life Within You” covers the potential to bring about a societal transformation, by going back to the root of societal organization—“agriculture”—land stewardship, and the responsibility and possibilities that are open to us as human beings endowed with reasoning capacity and free will. It is a clear exposition of what we can do within our means (as ordinary folks, busy with everyday life activities) to bring about a transformation towards the positive… Further work in this area led us to realize that the number of farms that were strictly following Rudolf Steiner’s guidelines could not provide the whole spectrum of food that was needed. Another important step was then taken: to establish a classification system that would allow us to evaluate farms that– while not following strictly, or all of, Rudolf Steiner’s recommendations; or having introduced variations that could mean enhancement; or using alternative approaches, but maintaining the same principles–were still delivering quality produce, preserving the environment, and healing the soil. The result of this was Spiritual Farms. Farm classification gives more detailed information about the procedures used to classify the farms.
On raw food and Steiner
Raw foods contain the sunlight energies that are stored in their tissues through the process of photosynthesis. He believed that the spiritual progress of humanity as a whole would be enhanced by a progressive increase in a vegetarian eating pattern. Conversely, he felt that a meat/flesh eating diet would exert a negative influence regarding an interest in spiritual life. According to Steiner, plants supply us with their store of the outer light of the sun, which stimulates our INNER light during the process of assimilation. The light released by the plant world helps to stimulate, form and maintain our nervous system. In this way, the taking in of plant food makes a cyclic connection of our inner light with the outer light of the solar system and plant world… This is a common belief in the practice of Anthroposophical medicine. Steiner said “Nothing clouds the nervous system when nourishment comes from the plant realm. Humanity can more easily delve into the cosmic interrelationships which take place beyond the constricted limitation of the mundane personality.”… According to Dr. Gabriel Cousens, “A strong solar resonance field promotes the evolution of humanity to reach our full potential as human ‘sun beings’. Light supports evolution, and a lack of photons in our bodies hinders it. Light and consciousness are interconnected. Rudolf Steiner taught that the release of the outer light into our systems stimulates the release of an equal amount of inner light within ourselves. The more we increase our ability to absorb and assimilate light, the more conscious we become. The more we transform ourselves by enhancing our absorption of light, the more we become that light.” ~ Source: Conscious Eating https://www.waldorfhomeschoolers.com/the-problem-of-nutrition-the-praise-of-raw-food
On Biophotons and Food matters
1. Live Food & Biophotons – Gabriel Cousens M.D. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ9vKyxS4AQ
2. WHAT FOODS ARE HIGH IN BIOPHOTONS?
3. If Your Food Glows, You Will Glow
4. The Live Food Factor: A Comprehensive Guide to the Ultimate Diet for Body, Mind, Spirit & Planet by Susan Schenck, L.Ac., M.T.O.M. (acupuncture and oriental medicine) . Review by Kirt Nieft . Copyright © 2011 by Kirt Nieft. All rights reserved.
5. The Science of Biophotons:
Part 1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCYQHA-nNzI
Part 2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isE7e0UhMGI&feature=relmfu
End for now …